Thank you for your interest in Flu Monitoring on Evidation. During the flu season (October - April), this program will look for changes in your activity data (if available) and ask you to fill out a brief symptom survey when we see a change that suggests you may be feeling under the weather. The goal is to understand whether changes in activity patterns can identify symptoms of influenza-like illness. If you are experiencing symptoms, you may be eligible to participate in a follow-on research study. During the rest of the year (May - September) this program may offer you surveys and other content. This program does not provide real-time monitoring or diagnosis, nor is it intended to take the place of your healthcare provider. Please work with your healthcare provider to understand any symptoms you may experience and get medical advice. You do not need to have a connected device to participate in Flu Monitoring on Evidation.
What do I have to do to participate?
- Allow usage of data from wearable devices that you have connected now or connect during the program (200 points)
- Complete short occasional surveys and other questionnaires (10-100 points each)
What data may be collected from me or analyzed as part of this project?
- Your survey responses, which include: demographic information, as well as basic health information to understand community responses to flu-related topics; and
- Information from your Evidation profile, including zip code, age, race/ethnicity, sex/gender, and relevant medical diagnoses you have provided in your responses to survey questions (previously and added during the program) to learn about community trends; and
- Your connected activity data (e.g., steps, sleep, heart rate), which will be regularly analyzed during the course of the program (i.e., throughout the 12 months). We will also analyze the previous 12 months of your activity data prior to you whatever date you originally joined Flu Monitoring on Evidation to better understand your typical behavioral patterns.
Who will have access to my data and how will my data be used?
If you choose to participate, we will perform ongoing analyses of the above described data. Limited Evidation team members will have access to the coded dataset (meaning that your directly identifying information is removed) to conduct this analyses. Your data may also be used to operate and improve our services, including development of new products, features and functionalities, and for the design of future programs.
Additionally, if you choose to participate, we may also share a summary analysis of the aggregate (combined) surveys and data back with the Evidation community. No individual information will be shared. We may also share coded data collected from the app and surveys with certain research partners.
Your responses may also be used to help match you with future surveys or related opportunities where you can choose to participate and earn rewards, including in the follow-on research study.
Evidation reserves the right to modify or terminate these terms, with notice, at Evidation’s sole discretion. The modified version of the terms shall be available to you here, and your continued enrollment in the program shall constitute your consent.
Who to contact:
For any questions, concerns, or complaints about the program, or to remove yourself from the program (at any time), you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (650)-897-5968.