Thank you for your interest in Flu Monitoring on Achievement. This program will look for changes in your activity data and ask you to fill out a brief symptom survey when we see a change that suggests you may be feeling under the weather. The goal is to understand whether changes in activity patterns can identify symptoms of influenza-like illness. If you are experiencing symptoms, you may be eligible to participate in a follow-on research study. This program does not provide real-time monitoring. Please work with your healthcare provider to understand your symptoms and get medical advice. You do not need to have a connected device to participate in Flu Monitoring on Achievement.
What do I have to do to participate?
- If you have a wearable device connected to Achievement, you will need to allow usage of your activity data collected between September 2021 through May 2022 to detect changes (200 points)
- Complete a short baseline survey, approximately 5 minutes to complete (100 points)
- Complete short symptom surveys and other questionnaires periodically through April 2022 (10-100 points each)
- Complete a final experience feedback survey at the end of the program, approximately 2 minutes to complete (100 points)
What data may be collected from me or analyzed as part of this project?
- Your survey responses, which include: demographic information, as well as basic health information; and
- Information from your Achievement profile, including zip code, age, race/ethnicity, sex/gender, and relevant medical diagnoses you have provided in your responses to survey questions (previously and added during the program); and
- If you have a wearable device connected to Achievement, your activity data from the past 12 months (e.g., steps, sleep, heart rate) and ongoing activity data through the end of the program, approximately 6 months, which will be analyzed on an ongoing basis.
Who will have access to my data and how will my data be used?
If you choose to participate, we will perform ongoing analyses of survey data combined with your historical and ongoing activity data (e.g., steps, sleep, heart rate). Limited Achievement team members will have access to the coded dataset (meaning that your directly identifying information is removed) to conduct analyses. Data may also be used to operate and improve our services, including development of new products, features and functionalities.
Additionally, if you choose to participate, we may also share a summary analysis of the aggregate (combined) surveys and data back with the Achievement community. No individual information will be shared. We may also share de-identified data collected from the app and surveys to certain research partners.
Your responses may also be used to help match you with future surveys or related opportunities where you can choose to participate and earn rewards, including in the follow-on research study.
Who to contact:
For any questions, concerns, or complaints about the program, or to remove yourself from the program (at any time), you can email email@example.com or call (650)-897-5968.